Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wahoolazuma!



Big version here.

I'd heavily recommend downloading the .swf and running it from your local machine, but through a web browser is fine, too.

First off, let me say this game was inspired by Larry Marder's Beanworld. If you've not checked it out, it's definitely a fun read! Equal parts quirk, wonderment, and charm, it makes a great gift for just about anybody!

In Beanworld, the behaviors and lifestyle of the native beans are explored. Though it seems to be a pretty contained system that makes some sense, the nature of the beans is a simple one, often left to the imagination. In other words, a wonderful source of inspiration for fun little mini-games!

In case you're wondering the story behind the above game...well...go read Beanworld yourself!

By the way, this is a simple, rough version. If I were to create a game for anything other than my own personal learning experience, there are a few things I'd change. Any suggestions? I just might touch something up if you demand it!

EDIT: So it seems you can't score any points UNTIL you get a multiplier. I'll fix that up...soonish.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really quite tickled and complimented by this game, Corey.
    I'll be glad to spread the word of its existence to the Beanworld community via the blog, FB, and Twitter.
    I have one simple request though and it is for both of our protection.
    Where you now say "Based on Larry Marder's Beanworld" can you add "Beanworld, Mr.Spook, Chips are (c) and TM Larry Marder 2010 and used with permission of the Author."
    Otherwise I run the risk of letting Beanworld fall into the public domain which isnt something I want to have happen anytime soon.
    Much obliged.
    With a Hoo-Hoo-HA & a Hoka-Hoka-HEY!
    Larry
    larrymarder@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a problem, sir! I apologize, as legal issues aren't exactly my strength. I've added the text.

    I appreciate the kind words! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete