Monday, February 15, 2010

8 Points



Large version.

This is an offshoot of something I was trying to which was, actually, radically different. Originally, I meant to create grid of dots that would react to your mouse position. In a way of testing when a dot was near enough to the mouse cursor, I had a line tracing between the mouse and dot. Quickly moving around, I noticed you got some nifty little patterns going.

And so, this was born. I had to drastically cut down the number of dots, as the original number (about 80, I think) caused a lot of slowdown.

I could see a simpler version (say just 4 dots/lines) being a nifty little way to add a bit of interest to a simple menu.

UPDATE: I noticed that eventually, this would get draggier and draggier...this was because I wasn't actually able to clear out an array that contained all of the lines. As a quick fix, I set the array to reset every 10 seconds, SO if you see all the lines suddenly blink out of existence, that's what you're seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment