Saturday, February 20, 2010

Wind Redux...Redux...



Large version.

Source.

I have decided to go back to an old project and rewrite it in AS3. I've probably not 100% optimized this to the point that it COULD be, but I just wanted to see how difficult it would be to convert something from AS2 to AS3. Turns out, not too hard! Though I do have to say that dealing with dynamic text is a bit more involved than in AS2. Gone are the days of just dropping in a dynamic text field and saying "go!". Ah well...

I've not yet added the little tag that pops up the beads, but that probably wouldn't be too crazy to do. Just add a text field to the Bead class that ties in to the ID.

I tried to add a blur filter to faster moving beads, and it was working well. HOWEVER, I ran into some really odd behavior when it came to blurred objects and rollOvers. If a blurred object was rolled over just on the edge, it would spaz out and jump between being considered rolled over, and being rolled out of. I'm not sure what the deal with that is! So...no blur! Of course, if we threw out the idea of rolling over, then we could dump the blur in. VERY easy and very nifty!

I've provided the source at the request of mikeland.us.

No comments:

Post a Comment